Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tips: Don't go pandai-pandai and clean your precious DSLR

First and foremost, when it comes to DSLR camera, I'm the dumbest of all owners there are. I dare to admit this, even it means, am telling everyone that I'm dumb! Lets see, what are the evidences.

  1. I always take pictures using Auto Mode since I have no idea how to adjust the shutter and the aperture. I keep forgetting, which one is which.
  2. I keep my camera in a rack which I tend to forget where it is. 
  3. I rarely clean it, even the exterior part are all dusted and powder covered
So, there was this one day... When finally, my 'mother instinct'  hit me. "Hey! its time to camwhoring". So, i took my camera, and it look like a pharaoh treasure dug out from a lost tomb. And, when i peeked through the viewer, i could see multiple black dots on it.

It is in my blood, trying to be all handy and functional. So, I dismantled the lenses but i saw nothing. I took a ply of tissue and started to rub the 'mirror' (I have no idea what its called). After few seconds of rubbing, I did nothing to help the camera. After that, I started to see, small branching like thingy from the viewer






Few days, after that. I brought it to a service centre and they told, my precious camera was infested by some fungus of unknown species. And it cost RM300 to replace whatever was damaged. The fungus, rumour has it, can maim your camera if you do nothing about it.

This picture was taken, without any editing, by non other than me. This guy was trying to 'smize' (Smiling with his eyes). He does not have that many moles circling his eyes. it was My fungal infested camera effects.

No comments: