Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A review of a book. P.S. I love You




I have owned this book for almost five months now.. but just tonight i managed to squeeze in time to finish reading it up. Well, don't get the impression that the book was so Hampeh till it made me postpone the reading. I just could not find the appropriate time

The book was so amazing. Well, it's Cecelia Ahern's. What do u expect?! Her first book i read was, 'If u could see me now'; loaned from Fie... Anyways, it's not about that book. It's about P.S. I LOVE YOU

As the title indicates, the book is love story, definitely, which made me tearful... Shh!!! Was I? The book was so terrific. I would say, if i haven't watched the movie first, my impression would be so much different. U know, the movie did give some premature impression about how would the book like.

Still, the book was so great and i enjoyed every page or even every word in it.

Cecelia meticulously described each character. The strength and the weakness. Not to forget to put humours in between. The situation and the problem were nicely explained. I must say, I'm 100% satisfied with Cecelia's writing. Her idea of having a dead husband sending monthly letter to his spouse is brilliant. It's touching! (Arghhh!! I now, speak like a girl)

The problem was with Holly (the main character) where most of the time, it made me feel that she was acting like a drama queen. Honestly, the whole losing her husband thing was huge and massive, but sometimes, she acted so selfish.
Another thing, if i were the writer i would make Daniel and Holly as a great couple. Thats something that would heal the reader's grieve, i suppose.

And maybe, i would like to do some of Gerry's trick. Perhaps! Its classy, I must admit!

For those who haven't gotten the chance to read this book, go and buy one. Or u can loan mine...

No comments: