Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lying... But not exactly doing it..

I know, everyone has the same experience like i do. And, I'm pretty sure, that everyone detests to lie or at least, hates to be lied to. So, when I ask, "Do u have any experience trying to avoid lying but still, the situation would not allow you?"

I bet, u must have. So, this month, in conjunction with Ramadhan, I'll try my best to look after my tongue and guard it from lying. But, sometimes, to get me save from the dreadful consequences, i'm left with no option but to be a temporary liar.

Here are the examples of situation that I might have lied to people:

  1. I was so sleepy and powerless. Then a friend of mine asked "Are u going to the library, coz if you aren't, I want u to help me hauling these boxes". Then, my answer would definitely be "Yes, I am. Sorry". But actually i wasn't heading to the library. But to avoid myself from lying, I changed my direction now
  2. My friend invited me to his party. But, i was not in the mood of attending it. So, when he asked "Are U coming??!!". Eagerly, I answered "Are U mad?!! No one dares to miss it". I was not explicitly saying that I was coming. Instead, i gave him a statement. So, does it count?
  3. Same thing also happens when parents ask about smoking to their kid. The kid will then answer with a scoff "Smoking is not good for health". The parents should have pursued the question, "Yeah, we know. But do u smoke?". Instead they are just satisfied with the statement which indicates nothing.
  4. A sister asked her brother, "Did u finish ur breakfast?". He then answered "Yes, I did". She did not ask him whether he did finish eating his breakfast or not. So, he could just toss the breakfast and he interpreted it as FINISHING.
So, forgive me! Selamat Berpuasa And Selamat Hari Raya.. *wink

No comments: