Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm currently reading 'The reluctant Politician'



Afif loaned me a book of his (or maybe his father's) a few weeks ago. I've just started to riffle through the book. The next thing i know, i could not put the book down and relinquish it from my hand. It was so infectious. Really really!

It is one of the very few of non-fictional books that i've read in my pastimes. This book acts as a storyteller to me.. Telling me all about Tun Dr. Ismail, a supposedly our 3rd prime minister had his health been better (The book says). Tun Dr. Ismail is one of the important figures in bringing Malaya towards Independence.

This book, meticulously describing his life in a great detail. I wouldn't have known him if i haven't gotten the chance to read this bibliography of his. So far, i could not elaborate more on how things were going in his time since i haven't finished reading as yet. But seriously, it is an enjoyable reading.

To tell u the truth, my conscious level towards history is considerably low. I never got an A or high mark for my history. It's something shameful... but that's the fact. I barely remember what happened during UMNO establishment. I hardly recollect what happened during 16 May 1969? Was it 1969?

So, i think, the best solution is by reading more history books.
This is the picture of My hero, our hero

No comments: