Saturday, August 2, 2008

i held his hand...not so tight of cos!

These are parts of the conversation between me and an Uncle:

"I have nothing left. I have tons of problems. Things to pay. We live, we pay" the pakcik said!

I nodded, instead of saying a thing. My face blushed with sadness and part of it was looking-for-word'ness.

Pakcik looked at me, directly to my eyes.

"U know, i got salary. Not sufficient. Receive this month, by the end of the month, GONE!" he added.

I looked back, hoping this time i managed to say powerful words. But instead i supported him with "Yeah, thats exactly true, furthermore... u live in KL"

Then, he continued because i stayed mums for 5 seconds (practicing my lecturer's tip: When u stop talking, the other party will try to talk since we all hate silence)...
"I don't know what to do next. I'm so in a catch 22 (not literally saying it...)"

Guess what i did next?

I held his hand... and just looked at him...
Hoping that by holding his hand, he would understand that i knew what he felt. Hopefully, he really did!!

No comments: