Friday, August 1, 2008

NOw I know....

Now i know... Or maybe i should say "They told me so!!"
Why a sudden?

Actually, conscience just struck me and i realised that Seniors have been rite all this while. My seniors have indoctrinated and reminded me and friends to watch out, do early preparation for the Final Year.

I remembered during the Farewell party that nite, every single senior uttered the same thing. "Pesan abang/ Kakak, buat la persiapan awal". So they said.

My response was "Owh okay..." and "Owh.. i know..." But seriously i didn't. Till i spent my days in medicine posting, i started feel that there are actually zillions of things to be done and read. Not that i dint read in previous years, but hey! Human is human... Forgetful is nothing but undeniable.

Reading thousand times is one thing, then practice examnation is another major issue. Every finding has to be elicited and the presence has to be followed with justification.

Then, diagnosis and differential diagnosis should be given together with their pros and cons. So, mind has to be extremely prepared.

Then, how would i manage the patient. Considering the diagnosis, the concurrent medical problems. Everything is so in need great attention. Previously, i managed a case (including the history, examination and all) i took around 1 hour..or so. But now i realise that it's pretty in need more....

Now i spend half of my day to only look for 2 cases.

What worries me the most is the fact that i am dealing with life which can be my family's or maybe my friend's. Lacking of skills and knowledges in handling these might invite disastrous effect. Exam is one thing, the aftermath is one thing... BIG BIG BIG!

No comments: