Friday, June 20, 2008

My second driving test


My second driving test


Remember i told u the unfortunate incident where i failed my 1st driving test. Hence i have to proceed to the second one (which was not supposed to happen in any mankind in this world). I recalled the moment where i defeated by a car... A car that was supposed to oblige and follow the order (or maybe i was giving a wrong order).



Lets just forget the dreadful experience of mine. Why don’t we take a look to my glorious moment where i passed the second one. A night before (or maybe a week before) the test, i wished i could have an opportunity to juz get an illegal license. A fake one. The one that doesn’t require a single test.



I was definitely spooked to death a nite before. I could not even ingest any food or sooth my throat with any kind of beverage in this world. Everything seemed to be so dark and empty. I know it sounds like i’m exaggerating. I know! But that what was happening. I didn’t have a slightest appetite to touch my book.



I kept saying to myself... ‘Awie! Everything is going to okay. It is!!’ but the assurance words didn’t seem to help. I could feel that my hands and feet were all trembling... shaking. And my eyes were watery (were they? OMG...!! embarrassing). Seriously serious...i was so afraid.



What made it so frightful was the fact that it might cause another history of failure in my life. I was afraid that it might need me to use another money for a re-sit exam (Yeah! We were practically sitting driving). And i was required to skip classes in order to attend another classes (doesn’t that sound absurd?!)



So... Early morning... the driving instructor fetched us. I looked gloom and not in good shape (Yeah... who will after all those thoughts) We registered early. And one thing happened though. The JPJ officer called for us ‘Repeaters!!!! Make a line and pass up ur IC and L license’ So, my friends (Nani, dayah, and newly-made friend) and i queued. Embarrassed but still queued.


When passing my IC, the officer asked ‘Nombo giliran?’ i said with a very soft, monotonous, pathetic kinda voice ‘Twenty two’. He said ‘Kuat la sket!!!!’ i was dumbstruck and my eyes blinked. Nothing more to say!



After waiting for my turn... (i was one of the earliest candidates), my turn came. It turned out that i have to drive car No. 6 which made me feel grateful since i was worried that the 16 will come. To tell u the truth, my birthday is on 16... but its seemingly that 16 is definitely not my lucky number (even it makes the unluckiest number ever).



So, off i went in to the car. Did the 5 basic things, seat belt, horn, light so on and so forth. I started the engine with a Kalamullah Still frightened. (tell u wut, the car has to be started exactly at the middle of a hill.. guess we were doing bukit). Slowly i drove out of the SKEM (which was the centre of wutever).



So, in the middle of the driving.. (now i was using gear 4) the officer uttered ‘Hey... could u please drive faster??!!’ it wasn’t a request actually. It was an order. I replied (thinking that it was a request ‘owh... i can’t. I am afraid of speed’. Then, the officer was boiling with anger. ‘if u want to continue driving in this speed, u have to go down and i’ll drive u back to the SKEM’ so, i decided, it has to be it. Or else nightmares were going to be real...



So, i drove, made a U-turn...and headed back till i saw the triumph sign of passing the test. It was the SKEM. Stood proudly in front of me... welcoming another new road user! So, i passed and i thanked the officer 2 times and it made him smile.



I called my family, sister and friends...it was soooooooo fun!!! Guess what, i am an eligible driver now!

No comments: