Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Raya 2007.




Raya comes with new face and new way of celebrating it. But, some things remain the same. Early morning breakfast, Raya prayer, post-prayer handshaking, visiting family and family. Things are still nice as they were.

I love the colourful morning, people wear new dresses. Every color is there, from the white to its extreme end, black. Children run and laughing, happy!

As for me, raya is raya. It sounds good and really is. But, I am not exploring it. I am not celebrating it as people do. My mum will fussy about me not going for the raya prayer. I have been missing it for years. The last was when at Silabukan. Then, no more. Not that I hate of doing good deed in life, but I got my own reasons t do so.

Anyway, what I would do early in the morning is; I wake up and sit on a bench in front of my house. Staring blankly on the road and hoping things to change. From there I could hear my busy family, saying things which were not clear. The only thing I could hear was “Ey… bla..bla.. hurry… bla… bla… late… no place… bla… bla…” Sometimes, I smile when I hear all these.

Then, before they departed, they gonna say something sounded like “You go to university but don’t do what religion asks us to do… bla… bla… don’t forget to clean up before we come back… bla… bla…” I nodded, a sign of understanding and agreeing.

So, I decided to write something to put in my blog which was this. I reluctantly switched on my PC and started my writing. I haven’t taken my bath yet. Later…

I was not planning of going anywhere in this raya. No friends in my mind to be visited. So, I guess, I will just spending my day, eating and listening to songs. I am not expecting any visitor to come, and if some do come, my sis is there, ready to welcome them.

…………

So, I continue my writing. A group of kids were our first guests. They came and having good time, but sorry kids, we don’t have duit raya to be distributed. Then, a few more people came. We shook hands and talked good things. Experiences about ramadhan. I, most of the time just gave a brief smile.

The day went on, I spent most of my day in my cousin’s house since she was not around. She went to her mom’s for a week. I watched TV, sneaked out biscuits and wrote things in my PC.

Unfortunately, someone came. A ‘someone’ who was not expected to come. He was my senior in school. We barely talked and we did not have any good relationship before. I saw him coming but I hid myself. He came to my house without realizing it’s my house. I came out after he went off. Dumb me.

No comments: