Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I met my old-lost friend.


I had a friend (see the word ‘HAD’). We were friend since I was in form 3 and he was form 2. We were damn close. So close since friends could call us as ‘couple’. We were rarely seen with other people. We went to dining hall together, shared same table and laughed at our jokes even, sometimes they were not funny at all.

We studied together in the night. I taught him math, because I was excellent in that subject. Sometimes, we spent the whole study-time with talking and nibbling pineapple biscuits. He was not a good eater, I was. I ate fast, and I managed to finish 4 when he did 1.

I remember when I got sick, he was so worried. He asked me to take leave from classes. When he got ill, I sort of worried gak la.

In the night, since we were not in the same room, so we would sit in a room and finishing our unfinished topic. We loved to talk about people (dgn kata laing ngumpat le), talk about songs that we sickly in to, talk about family and our future.

Seriously, I loved those moments. Moments I had friend who was so nice and practically match with me. We share the same liking in things. PERFECT I must say!

But, things never worked as we planned, not all the time. Sometimes, we want it to be as such… continuously, but it doesn’t. So was our story. We finally came to a battle where I could not help it.

It happened when I did something silly. I coloured my hair, I don’t know why I did that. Maybe, ‘cause I love trying new stuff. So, he saw it for the first time and he was silent. No comment. He left me, stood there and confused.

Then, he remained in silence for days. I suspected something was wrong. Grey-haired guy did something and I did not know what exactly.

Story went on. So dramatic. Believe me, it sounds like a movie. I was there, in the toilet and he was doing his laundry. I still could hear he was talking about me, with his friend. He said something like “oh! Awie… he’s such a dumb. He coloured his hair. What on earth he’s thinking. To be like the white. He such a evil”

I was chocked. My hair did this to my friendship?! I felt like crying when he said such a ‘great’ thing about me.

You know what, I tried to make up my relationship back. I decoloured my hair. Made it black again. I was so disappointed ‘cause we did not talk any more. I thought I would manage to make him smile at me again. But, I failed. Nothing could put things together again.

But, I know life must go on. MUST. So, I continued normal life without my best friend. I finally managed to make new friends, lots and lots of friends. We were still in the same school and same hostel. Here and there we would meet. At the corridor, during meeting, in the dining hall, in the surau and practically any where. Unfortunately, it was like stranger’s meeting. Nothing to say, nothing to smile at.

He was not a nice kid any more. I kept hearing him saying bad things about me, cursing me when I passed him at the corridor. He was not my friend any more.

Then, it came to my SPM. We still did not talk. He didn’t want to. I smashed, did my best in my SPM ‘cause I wanted to go beyond everyone’s dream. I studied hard prior to it. Totally forgetting my miserable friendship.

Finally I managed to leave my lovely school with good result and went to some place, to re-do the same thing. Wanted to excel. So, I left that friend without anything. No more friendship to hold to!

So, occasionally, I would ask my friends there “how he is doing?” after he finished schooling, I kept looking for his number, so I could contact him and have chat.

Not till one year ago, I managed to get his number. So I contacted him. Then, I said all things, things that I had no chance to expel out when we were in the middle of the crisis. He seemed to be okay with it. So, I manage to call him twice. Then, that was it. He finally refused to pick my call. I did not have any idea why!

He then changed his number. So I have no link to contact him any more. From that point, I made up my mind! I should not make myself as a moron! I tried my best and that is it. I don’t deserve any worst than that. So, I just stopped of looking for a so called friend.

Then, it was time, when I met him after 8 years. I was standing in front of a shop, waiting for my sis to buy raya stuff for her hubby. I barely looked to my surrounding then suddenly i eyed a guy, who was familiar. He has long hair, with fair-skinned, smiling at me and murmuring something which wasn’t clear. Then, he mumbled something sounded “long time not see…”

We had a long conversation. It was nice. But I still could feel that he was talking to me ‘cause there was no way to avoid me, with me standing in front of the shop. He took my number and I couldn’t imagine he is going to call me. That is impossible. I just gave and did not ask for his.

We finally separated when he wanted to go buy something. That was it.

So the moral of story is, don’t ever treat a person like a moron ‘cause he/ she is a person, so are you!

No comments: