Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Same group of people with 2 different perceptions. Weird eh?!

Last week, as usual.. I went out to my friend's. We were planning to have this crazee night like we had yesterweek (sorry for busted the language). I rode a taxi after having to wait for hours at the bus stop.. (an oxymoron isn't it?!...)

The taxi driver was a chatter box. Politely, he tried to warm up the environment by asking some questions. Not exactly important but i guess as a starter. Then, he continued talking and talking and talking. Later he started to ramble on about his life.

Seriously, i wasnt in the mood of talking at that time. It was raining and i was running late. I just let him talk and in between giving him a peculiar sound as to tell i was listening.

He was talking about how hard it was to be a taxi driver. Money had never been enough! Responsibilities to family still have to be carried out. He then said, how hard it was to live but still have to. I am not implying that he was a lousy guy by harping on about his life. I totally understood. Life never been easy. It always comes with multiple obstacles and sometimes we wouldn't see its coming.


But then, the next day. When i took another taxi heading home from my friend's, i met another taxi driver (yeah of course, wouldn't it be ridiculous if there was no driver kan?). This uncle was also a chatter box. But that particular day was different. My mood was good and I was okay for any conversation... even it was just a pet talk.

So this uncle, kept advising me to be nice to people.Especially those who weren't so lucky like i was. Then, he gave me few examples of how he handled some situations, that from my opinion was kinda hard to do. Let say, helping some stranger.. bringing her home and deny her money once u find out she got problem whilst u also got bills to be settled.

He was so optimistic. He perceived a new day as a new hope for him. To him, money is not everything. He believes when God wants u to have the money (he used the word REZEKI), then, its all urs. I nodded. I smiled all the way home. He was enthusiastic and the conversation was fun. He even later, gave me a discount. Thanx to him!

Now i had 2 people from the same group whom had two different perceptions towards life. I think, i like the second one better. Who saw life as a great opportunity to do noble things. The first one wasn't bad after all. I think, he had a rough time. I cant be judging people but i do the observation!!

toodles!

No comments: