Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mini Me Episode 1; I was never been the centre of attention

When I was a kid, I went to a school which situated like 2 hours walking distant from my house. It was not a famous school in town, not a great one. But ok lah. So, when i was there I wasn't someone who was noticed by the teachers. I wasn't like Aria (bukan nama sebenar) who has 3 best-student sisters or maybe Alan (bukan nama sebenar) whose father spent thousands of ringgit helping the school to build a new classroom. I wasn't one of them

I was a regular kid, who brought his bag to the classroom on the first of school with his mom ushered him to his seat. A seat where i spent the whole day cursing at it. I was chaired in between 2 cousins. They were so darn goofy. Torturing me on my first day... they even made me cry that day. Poor me!

I dint go to religious school in the afternoon as the normal school already burdened my working family. So, the afternoon was spent with homework. Maths was my favourite. I hated English and of course art. The former was hated since i dint know what those words meant. How to use the grammar, how to make up a sentence. Mastering it sounded like an everlasting impossibility. The latter was not my favorite since my drawing has never been appreciated.

I remembered one time where i drew the mickey mouse thing. It was so gorgeous in my perception, but to the others, it was just another hideous drawing of mine. (Shhhh!!! i even submitted the drawing for a contest and never heard about it since)

"Hey See ya after school" my friend shouted to another friend of mine. I never been invited to my friend's for any activity. Group study, cool PC game and anything.. I was never included. Not that my friends found me not worth inviting. I wasn't a cool boy back then. And my house was not somewhere near theirs.

After school, i headed straight home. Wanting to do more...

to be continued....

No comments: