Friday, October 24, 2008

I want this book; Honk! If u are Malaysian

Few weeks back, i was in a bookstore. I wasn't exactly in the mood of purchasing books. I was just like browsing through. Then, i stumbled upon a book entitled 'Honk! If u are Malaysian'. The book is written by a local author, whom i couldn't remember her name. She is a home-based writer.

Anyways, i managed to read a few pages since we were actually waiting for a movie to start. (We=Me + My friend).. The book is 'talking' about the REAL MALAYSIANS. The goodness and the badness of us. Nothing to be hidden. Race and culture differences? It's something that you should never think about whilst reading this book.

She (the author), explicitly described the norm of each race in Malaysia. Malays with their laziness, Chinese with their escheat, and Indian with their drinking problems. No race tops the other. We are diverse but equal.

The book costs about RM 30. Which is actually cheap but i couldn't afford at that particular moment. Now i want to ask my sister to buy a copy for me. For any reason, a weekend gift ker, a Help-your-sister-knitting gift ker.. I won't mind. I just want that book!

1 comment:

Pak Engku said...

this book is written by lydia teh... i already read this book. ok la, menarik jgk buku ni... not a heavy book to read. skrang dah ada 2nd book dah pun...