Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hey I'm here....

My blog went on for 2 days without any new post. Aniwei, it's not a big deal. I wanted to post 1 or 2 posts, but i did not bring my laptop along to shah alam.

Saturday, 16 August 2008:
The three of us; Faiz, Ainul and I went to hospital for a Poyo session. We wanted to have a short practice on clinical thingy. So, like we planned, the 3 of us had to clerk 3 patients from 3 different disciplines. I had to clerk paeds patient, Faiz deposited in Surgical ward and Ainul, posted to Cardiac ward. So, after an hour or so, we were supposed to meet up again and present the cases and later visit the patient to look up for positive findings.

But, later. the plan changed when i stumbled upon my professor in the ward. He was having round with his subordinates (sounds cool huh?). So i text the other 2 of my Group-study mates to come over and join the round. We followed till 12 p.m and it meant that we had to stay after lunch and resume our first plan. Aniwei, the round was so beneficial. We did learn a lot, indeed.

We met all kinds of patients including:
1. Post-scarlet fever with flaking rashes
2. Dextrocardia. Gosh! That was my first experience touching the heart beat on the right side
3. a syndromic patient with an unknown diagnosis. We did suggest one diagnosis dowh. H3O.
4. And a lot more.

Then, before the afternoon session, i had a short nap. I practically made an artificial rash on my face whilst sleeping on the table and pressing over my forehead. T
The real session started 20 minutes after 2. Then, we had a great discussion.

We closed the session on that day with WAFFLES. I bought 2 whereas the 2 of them were only satisfied with one.

No comments: