Thursday, July 17, 2008

Finally Surgery Ends today!


My Gosh! It is a real relief! Finally it ends today! Seriously, the whole posting i have been spending with Sleep and movies! That was my routine. I have no idea wuts happening to me in the past weeks. It was kinda blur! Btw, i have managed to get through it.

Today, i attended my long and Short cases Examination. Seriously last nite, before the exam, i felt a serious lassitude. I spent the whole afternoon and evening reading (and definitely accompanied by unbeatable loud music).. So few minutes b4 midnite, i finally succumbed to weariness! So i decided to call it a day and stopped.

Then, first thing in the morning, i woke. Not fresh and still with 90% chance of going back to sleep, but i summoned all my strength to drag my ass off the bed.

I was the first candidate (as usual)...!! But i was a bit late since my tummy gave me a problem! For God's Sakes... It was an exam day! So, i was deposited to ward and needed to clerk a patient for an hour or so. So off i went.

In the middle of clerking (i would like to thank My patient for her cooperation), a bunch of doctors were doing round. and guess what! they mentioned the diagnosis which was certainly not in my list. It was mediastinal lymphoma causing dysphagia. Mine was oesophageal carcinoma instead. So guess how awful it was.

But, to be sincere and good student, i decided i would stick to my earlier diagnosis. and surely, it would be accepted since the symptoms were very suggestive.


So, Thank goodness. The presenting process went so well. i managed to answer all questions! but still i dint know wut did i get for the marks.

Then, my short case caught me off-guard. i wasn't ready for any breast case. But still without mercy, i got it. I had no experience wut so ever examining breast in my final year. But honestly, i had practised it on my pillows.


The case was simple. But, i gave the wrong diagnosis at first and this one was not acceptable since the clinical features were so suggestive for the exact diagnosis. But still i went for breast carcinoma. Later, at the end of discussion i changed my mind afta realizing how stupid i was to even think about cancer.

My lecturers seemed to be accepting the change! and guess wut, guess i made it thru. Wut ever the final result is.. i would still be thankful. and hell yeah! It's a real relief!

2 comments:

Fir Da Vinci said...

haa..dah habis exam yek..semalam terjumpa list patient yang masuk long case surgery kat opis..ingat dah jumpa soklan bocor!

JHaZ KiTaRo said...

salam ziarah from dublin.. :)