Monday, January 28, 2008

Sharlinie...semoga selamat!


Sharlinie is still missing.

Maybe writing on this issue would make me feel I am such a kind human. But, I should alter all this bad intention. Sharlinie is still missing and Malaysians are missing her, worst her parents and family. I could not imagine when I were the parent. It must be devastating experience. Loosing your kid is definitely painful.

So, she went missing when other parents and their kids having good time together. Every one is recruited to look for her; the police, NGOs and the public. I feel like we are all loosing her.

What I want convey in my writing is that, how could a man/ woman abduct this little kid? I mean, for the time being, there is no clear intention on this abduction. The asking for ransom, they are not threatening the family. They practically ‘sit’ in total silence.

So, give her back to us! Even if they do have any bad intention or perhaps ‘good’ intention, they should think that this kid misses her family, so does the family.

Then, my message then goes to whole parents out there. Watch out! If it can happen to Sharlinie, it can happen to any one. Indeed! Kids should be equipped with at least knowledge that being with a stranger is not SAFE!

This kid can be easily lured by using their extreme weakness such as candy, chocolate, toys and pets. But, by repetitive reminder, these kids can learn who to put faith in and who cannot.

I smiled when I read in an article where this kid (of the writer) loves to ask her father passwords in order to make sure that the stranger does not disguise to be her father. It sounded cute but the lesson is titanic!

Ask the kids to memorize their parent’s number. It’s really important in any emergency case. They also can be taught self-defense art.

Public! We should not show our sympathy or empathy only. We’ve got role to be played. We ought to help these kids to live in save environment. Get to know your neighbours and their kids.

Government has advised that ‘Jaga tepi kain’ is important now days, but no to the extent of putting your ears to the wall and listen to their conversation.

No comments: