Monday, October 15, 2007

Why do I love Grey’s anatomy?


It is weird to see me missing any episode from Grey’s anatomy. I would sit in front of the TV and wait with my books. I even can postpone my ‘homework’ given by Prof. Normalina(it means, I endanger my life and having risk of get kicked out from the class). By the way, I’m not saying that Meredith Grey outranks Prof. Normalina in term of priority, what I mean is… I think you get me.

So, I started enjoying this drama when, I watched an episode which I couldn’t remember which. Anyway, from that particular moment, I declared myself as a big fan of Mc Grey’s anatomy.

To those, who have no idea about this drama, I guess, I shall give a brief introduction. Basically, it is a story about interns try to become doctors and story of doctors try to become human! The story explores every one’s feeling, everyone’s problem and relationship.

The odd part of Grey’s anatomy is that, all those interns, when talking and sharing things, they tend to talk differently. When some one is talking about Mc Dreamy and the other person will talk about a pregnant patient!

It is played by:

Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey
Sandra Oh as Christina Yang
Katherine Hiegl as Izzie Isobel Steven
T. R Knight as George O’Malley
Kate Walsh as Addison Montgomery
…. as Preston Burke
…. as Derek Shepherd
…. as Karev

P/s: sorry the list is like ‘so so’

Okay, let’s go to the things that attract me:

Friendship

This drama shows a tight bond between friends. The way these interns work together and help each other. Meredith and Christina are bosom friends, they go for jog and drink together. They keep sharing things and good news. I remember one episode where Yang refuses to disclose her wedding news to her friends but Meredith. She wants Grey to become the first person to know.

There is one episode in the elevator (I like all the scenes in the elevator), where Grey asks O’Malley to imitate Yang as to make her comfortable of sharing things to O’Malley. Grey in the other hand, asked to pretend to be Izzie, George best friend.

I love the episode where Grey is dying, after reluctantly swim to save her life. Kind of suicidal. All her friends are waiting and could not think of losing her. I remember one thing, Karev said a nice thing about Grey. “She always makes you think that even messed up person has hope”.

The last episode I watched managed to stimulate my lacrimal gland thou! The scene where Yang’s wedding is cancelled, out of sudden. I don’t really understand why exactly Burke has to do so. Yang is there, staring blankly at her ‘wrecked’ apartment. She stands there and Grey is watching helplessly from behind. Then yang started to exclaim “he’s gone!” Sad la!

Competition.

Like I said, this is story about doctors! I am sorry to say that, mostly doctors have their own ego and pride. They tend to think that they are better than their colleagues. So, this series do not forget of exploring this part of feeling faced by doctors.

Yang, the best intern in Seattle grace Hospital (SGH) always wants to be the best, great. She even managed to defeat Chief in a surgery class (later Chief managed to prove he’s better).

They always fight to get, so called ‘Interesting’ case. One episode makes me feel that competition can be bad for relationship. There was a massive disaster. Injured people were everywhere. Yang managed to get in to surgery assisting the chief operating a guy who lost his left foot. While cleaning the other foot (before joined them back) Yang realized, she was preparing a right foot.
Chief got irritated when he knew this and ordered yang to search for the right foot. After exhausting episode of searching, she finally found out that Karev has taken her palce in that surgery after he found the correct foot for that guy.

Love.

This is a major issue in Grey’s anatomy. Love and sex, Love and family, Love and patient, Love and friends. Loves is everywhere in Grey’s anatomy.

The second season was the misery part of Meredith’s and Derek’s love. Derek had to go back to his wife, leaving Meredith in agony and jeopardy. She started to have whore-kin-of life. She slept with men, any men to be exact. Finally, they reunited in season 3.

Izzie’s love story is worth discussing. Firstly, she had a ‘dirty relationship with Alex. Having sex in hospital until she found out, he cheated on her. She then, crossed a ‘line’ where she felt in love with her patient, Danny. Danny, a heart-transplanted patient, finally died after swore of making izzie as his wife. Currently, she is in love with George O’Malley, her best buddy after they spent a night in the bed.

To be continued….

No comments: