Monday, October 15, 2007

My ‘hanging out’ at Lahad Datu.




“Okay set!” I said. Those were the words that promised me a good night in Lahad Datu. I arranged an appointment with my friends, whom I miss every time I have to leave my lovely hometown, Lahad Datu.

So, on the day, we met at our common ‘lepaking’ spot which is Milimewa. Just go and ask any Lahad Datuian, I am 100% sure they know this hypermarket. I was wearing short and brought a big bag. We met and handshaking. Then, we commented on our dressings. (So typical) I was said to be ‘too casual’. Anyway it is not important.

So, we made our move to Asia Hotel, a new hotel in town ma!!! They even got a page in the net. We went in and welcomed by the receptionists. Then, my cousin asked for the booked room which was at level 8. (Wow! He even booked room… so well prepared!). All four of us, excited and didn’t even realize they gave us room 202! Means, at level two. How could you enjoy the ambience of Lahad Datu from that floor?



We then rechecked our room at the counter, fortunately we managed to get to level 8, 802 to be exact. After having a cursing episode with the receptionists.

Okay! Now, we were in the room. Everything was there, a 24 inch TV with a DVD player and ASTRO as well, air conditioner, two beds, hair dryer, wireless, good bathroom and all (macam hotel biasa2 la! But it is at Lahad Datu, remember? It makes so much different la!)

Shouting like kids, jumping up and down on the bed, tossing pillow here and there and talking endlessly. While listening to the new downloaded-songs, we merely stop talking, sharing great stories. It felt wonderful. I didn’t miss the chance of sharing new things I faced in medical school, new people I met, new clothes I bought and my safe journey back to Sabah. In between, we would shout and clap hand when we found our friend’s story was amusing or embarrassing.

Then, it was 5.30 pm. Time to go out and look for foods, for bukak Puasa. We practically walked along the alley and peeking to each stall. FOOD FOOD FOOD!!!. Our empty stomach demanded more than enough. But, I reminded udin, to rethink before buying. At the end, we ended up with kueh mueh only and brought it to a table and waited for the azan.

It sounds that we were dieting, but actually we were not. We were just planning to buy some more food for the night. The bazaar was extremely hectic and noisy, we hardly heard the azan, and just randomly Bukak our puasa. While in the middle of our great meal (we were having terang bulan, karipap, dorayaki, sarang semut/ kue Dunlop, and keropok lekor.) , ‘on and off’ly, they’ll be beggars came and asking for money. “hey, they are healthy people who seek money in the easiest way. No way man!”

The funny part was, one of my friends, as, he gave our kueh to one of the beggars and she ran with angry face. Funny la..

Then, it came to our second round to the stalls and browsing for the food we intended to buy. We bought ‘buntut’ ayam, ayam panggang, ikan panggang, and nasi. I think, we were trying to overdose ourselves with foooooooodddddssssss!!!

So, we went back to our room and having prayer! After a short chit chat, we decided to go to beach… I love it. Love the night scene of Lahad Datu beach in the night. Then, we took a walk, since it was just around the corner. But, to my amazed, we even stopped at Milimewa to buy some more foods. Junk food to be exact. I suggested, dumb me. we should stop nibbling. We got ourselves 3 keropok, 1 carbonated drink, jelly and other small food (which I reckon won’t be counted in our calory intake).

So, we sat there, took pictures and continued our unfinished topic. My mouth, practically non-stop. Laughing and making fun of my friends. After about an hour, boring started to creep in. So, we strode back. On the way, I managed to take few pictures… I wanted to snap more, but my friends weren’t willing.

No comments: