Sunday, September 30, 2007

a Book Review


i loaned diz lovely book from my friend. He wanted me to read it n i was sure, must be a damn good book since i had to go n take it at KLCC.








the first 20 page was boring and dull. i duno, i perceive it dat way. coz, anyone can write that kinda stuff.. so, i guess, i shud juz read since my friend offered the book.






okay, to make story short, i came to the page where Gene (the writer) got his first and only kid... a daughter to be exact! The part that i could not forget that was when he mentioned that that little creature touched Gene's hand and he was shocked and stopped smiling. Gene did not directly tell the readers what made him stopped from enjoying the moment. He, instead made readers wait and think. So did i. I thought he hated the child.




But then, my doubt answered when, he explained to his wife (his waife realised that situation). He said (sort of la...i could not remember the exact words la) "i dunno, i juz felt sad when she touched me. Coz it made me think that i might say ' Good-bye' to her, one day!" . I dunno wat u feel about this sentence but i almost wiped my cheek in KLCC!




So, from that page, i made my decision, this is a damn great book. Thanks to aswad! So, i continued. (dgn muka semngat ni!!!) so, went on!




i started to read words by words. Felt, i immeresed my self in that book too much till i dint realize time passed! so...certain things that enlighted me were:




1. He mentioned about his wife, a very refined and nice lady. a great company and very supportive. Gene never mentioned of this lady sobbing for her husband...even for his impending death. She was strong. Made him stronger and decided to live well and enjoyed the precious and gifted moment. She could even smile when her husband mentione things that for me..saddening!so...i realised how important a partner is... SO LOOK UP FOR GOOD COMPANY! AND BE A GOOD ONE!




2. Gene words still clinging at my earlobe. He realised that people tend to ignore live in the present. I, first thought, "this is crap!". then , i pondered and re evaluate...its damn true! we tend to chase the future or even try to correct the past... It makes us forget to enjoy the present. the present which was a FUTURE and will be a PAST! So, i get it. I totally understood. and not gonna make any new mistakes. Too concentrating to my future or regretting my terrble past. i shud enjoy the life! so do u!




3. Then, he did thing which was very nice. He called it as "unwinding". Where he had the list of all people or maybe most of people he met, his acquitnaces and families! He put them in a layered-circle. Then, he wanted to meet all these people as to unwind things between two parties. He wanted to express everything. Wnated to tell them, how fortunate was he to have all these people around.

No comments: