Sunday, January 8, 2012

My first business class ticket!




It happened many months ago. Every year, all the government workers from Sabah & Sarawak, who work in Peninsular Malaysia, are entitled to get one free return ticket to their respective state. No exception, I got one of those generous offers as well. Me being smart, I decided to use the ticket for AidilFitri since airline people aren't generally helpful during festive seasons.

So, after a lengthy discussion with the HTAR clerk, I chose the dates that I wanted to fly to and back from Sabah. Having clumsy and reckless as my middle names, I forgot to bring the booking paper back to Sabah. The journey back to Sabah was uneventful, but the trip back was a gigantic hassle!

Having the wrong date in my mind, I went to the check-in counter on the presumed date, only to be told by the counter guy, I just missed my flight the day before. To make it worst, the next available flight was gonna be in a week time. My heart stopped! Oh God!

I called my friend, Azmi coz he's the master of all mishaps. He suggested me to try on the next available flights, if there was any. I begged the counter guy with all sort of dramatic excuses; My boss is gonna kill me if I dint show up tomorrow, I have no one here... But to no avail!

I was extremely exhausted and ran out of option. Then I approached the MAS counter and the guy in-charge suggested to me. " Why don't you try a business class seat instead? But, it's a bit pricey". And I was like 'Dear Lord! Why didn't you suggest it earlier'

Then he calculated the whole thing, I needed to add RM 960.00 more to be on the next plan which was scheduled the next day. I could not care less, even it meant, I lost almost 1K to a flight that was supposedly be free. I blamed myself for my reckless and stupidity.

But looking at the bright side, it was my first experience to be on a business class seat. The differences? Well, food, comfortable.. I guess thats all.

No comments: